Engaging all of Europe in shaping a desirable and sustainable future
Citiens to provide concrete and unique input to the European Union’s research and innovation agenda
CIMULACT builds on the principle/conviction that the collective intelligence of society gives Europe a competitive advantage, which may be activated to strengthen the relevance of the European science and technology system. By establishing genuine dialogue between citizens, stakeholders, scientists, and policymakers, visions and scenarios for desirable futures will be developed and debated, and transformed into recommendations and suggestions for research and innovation policies and topics.
In short, CIMULACT will
- create vision and scenarios that connect societal needs with future expected advances in Science and their impact on technology, society, environment etc. in connection to the grand challenges
- provide concrete input to Horizon 2020 through recommendations and policy options for R&I and simulated calls for the Horizon2020 Work Programmes.
- engage citizens and stakeholders in a highly participatory debate/consultation/process on scenarios for desirable sustainable futures and research
- build capacities in citizen and multi-actor engagement in R&I through development, experimentation, training and assessment of methods for engagement
- facilitate dialogue and shared understanding between policymakers, citizens, and stakeholders
reveal the relative merits of the citizen focused consultations